Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Speed up a Lecture


On Friday, I had to go make up a lecture for a seminar class.  They have recorded all of them, so all I needed to do was go to the LRC to check it out and watch.  While I was bored I started playing with the buttons on the DVD player, and I found something that everyone can benefit from.  If you hold down the "Next Chapter" ( >| ) button on the DVD player for a second or so, it speeds up to 1.4 times the normal speed!  The change was little enough that I hardly noticed the change in the speaker's voice, (he was actually more interesting because he'd picked up the pace a little) but my hour long lecture was done in 40 minutes.  Could life get any sweeter?

1 comment:

  1. I found when speeding up lectures to anywhere from 1.1x to 1.9x speed that I wasn't actually sure how much time I was saving, so I put together this website to help me budget my time. Let me know what you all think about it: http://streamingcalc.com/

    ReplyDelete