Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Searching For A Caffeine Fix

Coke Machine

Finding caffeine on campus can be a difficult endeavor. Past rumors of Brazilian drinks at the Twilight Zone haven't led to much. The Cougar Eat, Creamery, and all vending machines are dry of the good stuff. Or are they? Is there a place on campus to get some caffeine?

If you're a privileged employee or visitor to the Movie Studios near the Office of Information Technology (OIT), oddly enough most of their vending machines have caffeinated beverages. Sure, it may be easier to make a quick trip to Subway or Wendy's off campus, but technically, BYU has caffeinated beverages at the movie studios.

4 comments:

  1. I really wish that BYU would have caffeinated drinks on campus! Mountain Dew RULES!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's a gas station at 700E and 800N too which is pretty close if you're anywhere on the southeast corner of campus. If it's just the taste you're after (I love Pepsi), the Twilight Zone usually has one little row each of Pepsi, Diet Pepsi, and Mountain Dew, all caffeine-free. Last time I was there they were towards the top right of all the drink cooler door things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet most students wouldn't know the difference between caffeine free and the real stuff. Just get a coke from a machine and pretend :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I worked as a student employee for BYU for nearly 2 full school years, and the nature of my job had me working a dozen or more different departments. While off-limits to non-employees, over half of the departments I worked with have and sell caffeinated beverages for their employees. I used to buy and drink a Dr. Pepper nearly every day at work, right here on campus. So from my experience, there is plenty of caffeine on campus if you know the right people and/or know where to look for it.

    ReplyDelete